Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread

I love zucchini time!

These monsters are courtesy of my mom's lovely garden. The eggs are from my wonderful and delicious CSA from Tamarack Hollow Farm. Everything else is unfortunately less locally sourced, but I needed to get that old wheat flour out of my pantry, so it's ZUCCHINI BREAD TIME!

La Ingredients: zuchs, eggs, butter (for pan greasing), brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, whole wheat flour, baking soda and powder.

You could be hardcore and shred the zuchs by hand, but I was ecstatic the day I discovered my awesome food processor (thanks mom!) could shred stuff.


I mixed everything but the wheat flour together first. (Shredded zuchs, oil, vanilla, eggs salt, cinnamon, baking soda and powder.) The recipe I was working off of called for 1 2/3 cups of sugar, but I don't have a 1/3 measuring cup...Not that it really mattered because I only had 1C of brown sugar, anyway! I probably could have added some maple syrup...Because mmm maple syrup. I also decided to say  'screw it' to the buttery-cinnamony-sugary topping and added extra vanilla extract  instead...Because mmm vanilla.


Mix it up until it's nice and soupy.

Flour time!


I made sure to mix the flour in good and well. This is the second time I've made zucchini bread ever, and the first time had nasty clumps of wheat flour in it. - _ -


THAT'S ONE BUTTERED PAN.


I would have grabbed a picture of the loaf all pretty and cooling in its pan on a wire rack...But I forgot and went to go cook something else instead. I learned my lesson from the first time making zucchini bread and left the loaf alone in the pan until it was completely cool. The first time I tried making it I ripped the loaf in half trying to get it out of the pan while it was still hot. Live, cook, and learn. ^ _^

Are you gunna get toasted and slathered with a disgusting amount of butter and eaten for breakfast for the next week? Yes I think you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment