Things smell pretty good in my house right now. ^ _^ Well, except for something under my desk, but I'll clean later, it's time for more meading right now!
I strained the berries out of the blueberry batch, but sorry I didn't get any pictures. It was a tedious and messy process and I didn't want to get my sticky berry hands on the camera. When I say 'messy' I mean like move the kitchen rug out of the way, go barefoot and wear clothes that you don't mind being stained purple messy. But look at its pretty colors! I really like how the Montrachet yeast gives up a nice deep burgundy. I used it on some raspberry mead once and it was positively pink!
I strained the berries out of the blueberry batch, but sorry I didn't get any pictures. It was a tedious and messy process and I didn't want to get my sticky berry hands on the camera. When I say 'messy' I mean like move the kitchen rug out of the way, go barefoot and wear clothes that you don't mind being stained purple messy. But look at its pretty colors! I really like how the Montrachet yeast gives up a nice deep burgundy. I used it on some raspberry mead once and it was positively pink!
Some little bubbles. I also forgot to take a gravity reading, but I bet it's almost completely done fermenting considering how lifeless the airlock is.
See? Barely pushing the lock thinger up.
And here's the big kahuna dry! Very done fermenting, now just enjoying a nice calm clarification period.
I'm always fascinated by how the temperature affects my little yeasties. Come sundown the water level will be, uh, level. During the day they get a little warm and upitty and push the water a tiny bit. I might hear a bubble once or twice a day, compared to before when it was a pleasant blooping more than once a second.
No comments:
Post a Comment