Sunday, September 23, 2012

Delicata fries

My farmer friend Amanda is obsessed with winter squarshes. This is the first season I've ever had delicata; it's so yummy and easy to work with! You can pretty much treat it just like potatoes. FRIES TIME!


Slicers them in half and spoon out the goo. Save that goo! We're making salty crunchy snacks out of the seeds too.


Slicers roughly into fries shapes. Squeeze as much of the goo as you can off the seeds, until it drives you nuts.


MAGIC SAUCE TIME. Olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, paprika.


Goobers them fries well. Say hello to Oster the toaster so he doesn't get lonely.


The seeds too.


Laid out nice and flat and oven ready. I think I set it to 450°F...I don't remember.




Toss things around a bit as needed; watch them carefully! I think I did 10mins per side on the fries, and 5mins per side on the seeds...Just watch 'em and toss 'em as you like. You can see I like my seeds nice and black. ^ _^


Oh hello, chorizo rice! So nice of you to join us from leftiesland in the fridge to make a proper dinner plate!


Coming up next time: Sarah tries to use her new hand corker and not make a complete mess out of bottling a CRAP TON OF MEAD for Amanda and Mike's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment